Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Unreal hats!

I'm taking some time out of my game development to create some assets for the new Unreal Marketplace.
Player accessories are big business and more platforms/games are coming bundled with a store front to sell user created content. With my current skillset and experience with the Unreal Engine it was the perfect time to get in on the ground floor of a new market.

 To fit with the entry requirements and after a little research I opted to do a homage to the Jason character from the 'Friday the 13th' franchise. Using a default character for scale I created a basic mask in 3DS Max.


I took this into Zbrush to add fine details like cracks and scratches.


I then baked the texture maps from the high poly model to the low poly mesh in 3DS Max, for use in Quixel.


I'm pleased with the final mesh, and it's been submitted for approval on the Unreal Forums. I hope to make more assets to sell on the marketplace as it's only going to grow.


Finished textured model.


A wireframe render to show the low poly mesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment