Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Game Character clothing.

I've been working on the clothing for my game characters. I took the opportunity to learn Marvelous Designer to help speed up my workflow. I found it pretty intuitive and it helped to create the realistic folds in the different materials I wanted for my character.



Early attempts were pretty basic.



The software was easy to get to grips with and once I'd manipulated the folds and adjusted the material parameters I was happy with the results. I'm still working on the overcoat and a few accessories, but my character is looking very dashing so far, if a little bald! 


I took the mesh into Zbrush to model the embroidery on the waistcoat. I used the character research and designs I created earlier in development to help me.


I created a quick turntable render in max of the high poly mesh. I'm pleased with the results achieved whilst experimenting with Mental-Ray materials and a few patterns from my own texture library. It should be easy to recreate the look once I redo the topology of the model, bake out the maps, and make the customised PBR shaders for UE4.

No comments:

Post a Comment